Why Hire Carney & Marchi, P.S.
Michele N. Carney
Partner, Carney & Marchi, P.S.
Seattle, Washington (1993 to Present)
Emphasis in business nonimmigrant and immigrant visas, asylum, family permanent resident visas and naturalization.
Honorable Jerry Buchmeyer - Dallas, Texas
United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Extern position; Conducted legal research & writing of memorandum opinions.
College of the State Bar of Texas
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Washington State Chapter Ethics Liaison (2000-2001), Board of Directors: Treasurer and Membership Chair (1997-1999); EOIR Liaison Chair (2007-2008).
Washington State Bar Association
- Special District Counsel (1994 - 2000); Committee of Law Examiners (1994-1996, 2000-2002);
Law Office Management Committee (2001-2005);
American Bar Association
- ADR Executive Committee (1993);
Washington Women Lawyers
- Board of Directors, Membership and State Liaison Committee Chair (1994-1997);
Northwest Women's Law Center
- On speaker's list to educate groups of low income women in immigration law issues.
Published opinion - Zahedi v. INS, No. 98-71179 (9th Cir. September 6, 2000).
Northwest Regional Immigration Conference speaker on: Waivers and Inadmissibility (2002).
Texas State Bar, admitted 1991
Washington State Bar, admitted 1992
United States District Court for the Eastern & Western Districts of Washington
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Legal: Southern Methodist University School of Law,
Degree of Juris Doctor received, May 1991
Honors: Foundation Press, Inc. Award for outstanding contribution to the SMU Trial Advocacy Association, 1991; Who's Who Among American Law Students, 11th edition, Summa Publishing.
Undergraduate: McGill University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Bachelor of Arts, Political Theory; 1984
Lawyer Michele Carney
Featured Attorney Immigration
Michele N. Carney