Michele Carney is a partner at Carney & Marchi, P.S. in Seattle, Washington. Michele has represented a wide range of immigration cases. She is Chair of the AILA National Ethics Committee, serves on the National Innovation Technology Task Force, Washington Supreme Court Practice of Law Board and Adjunct Disciplinary Counsel for the WSBA. She has also served on WSBA Disciplinary Board (Chair 2016-2017) and is the past Chapter Chair for AILA, Washington state. She has also been active within AILAWA for many years, serving on different committees and the Executive Board. Michele has also been a speaker at local, regional and national conferences in immigration law. Michele obtained her JD from SMU Dedman School of Law in Dallas, TX and bachelor’s degree in Political Theory from McGill University in Montreal. She is devoted to making a difference in the lives of her clients and frequently volunteers at pro bono clinics.
- NBC News, March 29, 2020 - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/sitting-ducks-amid-coronavirus-families-attorneys-sound-alarm-over-ice-n1169656
- Time Magazine, March 13, 2020 - https://time.com/5801847/washington-state-immigrant-detention-coronavirus/
- Seattle Times, June 29, 2018 - https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/dirty-immigration-lawyers-no-sir-we-stand-for-justice/
- 1992, Washington
- 1991, Texas
Law School and Undergraduate
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Class of 1991, J.D.
McGill University, Class of 1984, B.A., Political Theory
Associations & Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association